Compatible Printers with zkipster
A thermal label printer is necessary for Name Badge Printing to work. Currently, the only compatible devices are the Brother QL-710W, Brother QL720NW and the Brother QL-810W and QL820NWB series printers .
Compatible Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)
For Brother QL-810W and QL-820NWB label printers, the rechargeable battery pack is 14.4V 1750 mAh 26Wh and provides printing of over 2,000 labels during continuous printing on a full battery recharge. Recharge is less than 2.5 hours.
Compatible Paper Options
The printer functions use two types of paper: adhesive or non-adhesive.
Both varieties come in the same color options: white, clear, or yellow. Purchase the paper in a continuous roll, which can make custom length nametags using the zkipster app.
zkipster supports the following paper types from Brother:
- DKN5224 or DKN55224: 2.1 in x 100 ft (54 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Non-Adhesive Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK4605 or DK44606: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on Yellow Removable Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK4205 or DK-44205: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Removable Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK2212 or DK-22212: 2.4 in x 50 ft (62 mm x 15.2 m) Black on White Continuous Length Film Tape
- DK2205 or DK-22205: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK2113 or DK-22113: 2.4 in x 50 ft (62 mm x 15.2 m) Black on Clear Continuous Length Film Tape
- DK1209 or DK-11209: 1.1 in x 2.4 in (28.9 mm x 62 mm) Small Address White Paper Labels (800 Labels)
- DK1208 or DK-11208: 1.4 in x 3.5 in (38 mm x 90.3 mm) Large Address White Paper Labels (400 Labels)
- DK1202 or DK-11202: 2.4 in x 3.9 in (62 mm x 100 mm) Shipping White Paper Labels (300 Labels)
- DK1201 or DK11201: 1.1 in x 3.5 in (29 mm x 90.3 mm) Standard Address White Paper Labels (400 labels)
- DK22251: White continuous paper roll 62mm x 15.24m (with black/red print)
Installing the Paper
- Open the plastic cover
- Insert the roll
- The larger sizes will have both sides of its plastic holder aligned with the sides of the printer.
- For the skinnier rolls, simply align one side of the plastic with one side of the printer. Make sure that the paper side of the roll is facing upwards.
- Now feed the paper through the slot
- Close the plastic cover
- Press cut
- The printer is ready for check-in!
The zkipster app printer set up will detect what size paper is in the printer. If it doesn't detect any paper size when setting up the printer on the zkipster app, then that paper roll is most likely not compatible for use with zkipster.