The Form Settings section is usually the starting point when composing your response form; it where you can give it an internal name, decide whether you want it be public or private and define how long you want to keep the RSVP process open till.
You can find the Form Settings at the very top of your Form Builder:
You will find this section is locked and cannot be moved unlike other parts of the composer. Please find detailed explanations for each section of your settings below.
The Internal Name is how your form will be titled and organized inside the zkipster system for you and your event team. Make sure to give it a clear naming convention to communicate its purpose internally ('Public Registration', 'Test Form', etc.).
Please note that zkipster will give your invitations an internal name ('Draft 1', 'Draft 2', and so on) by default.
Form Is Private / Form Is Public
You have the option to choose between a Private and a Public Form. Please note that your zkipster forms will always be set to Private by default, unless you choose to turn them Public by switching the toggle:
- Private Forms are only accessible via a unique, personalized URL that each guest receives in their RSVP invitation email (embedded in the RSVP button) sent through zkipster
- Public Forms are accessible directly via a shareable Public Page URL which can be passed along to potential guests that are not being invited directly via email through zkipster and are currently not on your guest list
Please only turn your response form into a Public Form if you wish to open your event to anyone from the public!
The difference between Private and Public Forms is explained in more detail here.
Form Is Taking Responses
By default, your form will be set to 'Taking Responses' when you begin building your template. In this specific section, you can set up automatic triggers that will close the form after certain criteria have been met. This includes closing the form:
- 24 hours or up to 1 hour before the event start time
- On a specific date and time before the event starts
- After a certain number of guests - across all guest lists - have confirmed for the event. This number can be seen from the Guest List view under the total 'Confirmed' column. This refers to all confirmed guests across all guest lists, if you are sending your invitations to multiple guest lists.
- After a certain number of confirmations to one specific response form. This would close the form once a pre-determined number of confirmations has been reached.
You can edit and close your form at any time as it is web based, even after you have sent out your invitation. If you need to manually close the form once you have reached capacity for your event, follow these instructions here. (Any changes made on the form will go live for your guests from the point of clicking 'Save Changes').
Form Closed Message
In this section, you can also determine a 'Form Closed Message' - the information you define in the text box will then display to your guests on the web page once your form has closed and is no longer accepting any RSVPs.
Pro Tip: You could use this section to set up waiting list for your guests once you have reached capacity for your event. Find out how to set this up here.