Installing the 710 & 720 series Printer on your Computer
The first step in connecting the printing feature is to install the relevant software for the printer on the computer.
To ensure that first time setup is correct and easy, it's recommended to closely follow the instructions for printer installation by Brother.
- Select operating system
- Download the Printer Drive
- Download the Printer Setting Tool
Some tips for an easier install:
- Only plug the printer in via USB when the Brother instructions tell you to.
- Make sure the power cord is properly inserted.
- To benefit from Brother’s 24/7 support service we suggest that you download the Brother iPrint and Label App on your iPad.
Go to this link to download the driver, wireless setup from the Brother website. You will most likely be prompted to download Java as well while going through the set up on the desktop.
Installing the 810 & 820 Series Printers
The 810 & 820 series are the newest printers from Brother and are extremely easy to set up. These printers allow for a quick connection via Bluetooth or WiFi and do not require installing any software. A few things to note:
- When connecting by WiFi, sign into the WiFi on the printer and then make sure the iPad is connected to the same WiFi network.
- When connecting via Bluetooth it's only possible to connect one device to the printer at a time.
- It's recommended to use WiFi connection for best results as Bluetooth transfer speeds are always slower.
- zkipster recommends to use no more than two devices connected to one printer at a time when using WiFi for optimal performance.
Connecting the Printer to the iPad
Now that the printer driver software is installed onto the computer, make sure that the iPad is connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
Please note it is possible to change the printer’s wireless network via the Printer Settings tool.
- Open the zkipster app
- Select the event with the printing feature
- The Settings icon will display in the bottom left corner of the zkipster app
- Tap this icon to find Printer Settings in the menu
- Tap Search Printers
- Tap on the printer of your choice via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
Once the printer is connected the printer name and detected format will be in green on the Printer Settings page on the zkipster app.
Please note: If the printer paper dimensions on the app do not match your template choice, you will be reminded to print a test badge to check if you need to make any changes.