A few quick tips to avoid errors when importing from an Excel:
- The first row of your excel must contain column headers for your guest fields.
- To be most efficient, you'll want to add any custom fields like dietary requirements, to your excel before importing your guest list. Then, follow these steps to format your custom fields in zkipster.
- Remove all hidden columns, formulas, or different formatting on the excel. This can affect the upload negatively.
- Upload one sheet at a time. Multiple sheets can not be uploaded at once.
- Only one email is allowed for each guest. Ensure there aren't any symbols or commas that aren't part of the email.
- Have you received an error message indicating there is over 100 columns on your sheet? Copy and paste the cells with data into a clean excel and import this as a new list.
Q: Is there an excel template I can use as a guide to help format my file?
A: Yes. You can download our sample template from the Import Guest List page. A sample template is also attached at the bottom of this article.
Q: Do I need to use all of the fields on the default template?
A: No. Any default fields not being used for the specific event don't need to be used or filled out with data. Set up the excel with only the fields needed for the event.
Q: How many guest lists can I add?
A: zkipster allows the user to add as many guest lists as needed. Please visit our pricing page for a guide to how many guests can be added at each plan level.
- Starter events allow for up to 250 Main Guests
- Basic Events allow for up to 750 Main Guests
- Professional Events allow for up to an unlimited amount of Main Guests. Please note we do not recommend adding over 10,000 Main Guests for an any event in zkipster.
Q: Can I add guests on top of an existing list?
A: Yes. Adding additional guest names to your excel or manually adding guests to a list is possible at any time. Just click "Add Guests" at the top right of the Guest's screen.
Zkipster will prompt you to choose if you would like to replace the current list or add to it.
Please Note: zkipster does not deduplicate data, so be sure to remove duplicates ahead of time before importing an excel.
Once "replace your list" is selected the previous list is completely removed from the zkipster database. If you replace any lists that you have already sent invitations to, the RSVP data will be deleted. There will be two prompts to select before selecting this option.
Q: Does zkipster deduplicate guest data?
A: No. Be sure to remove all duplicates before importing or adding to an existing list.
If using multiple lists for different days or sessions, each guest will be treated as a unique guest entry and will appear as many times and in as many separate lists as you have included the guest on before importing into zkipster.
Q: How to do I account for multiple day events or multiple sessions within an event?
A: If running multiple days or sessions, we would recommend purchasing the Professional event, which allows for unlimited Main Guests and can run for up to 7 days.
For Example: A zkipster user might import a guest list for each weekend day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, separately. It is then possible to check-in guests directly from each list, or to check-in guests from all lists at once, using the All Guests view.
Q: How do I account for Additional Guests/+1s?
A: Account for any additional guests by adding a "Total Guest" column to your guest list excel. The number value in that column corresponds to the Main Guest and any additional guests they can or will bring.
- 1 Total Guest = Main Guest only
- 2 Total Guest = Main Guest +1
- And so on from here.
Please Note: If only allowing for Main Guests and no additional guests, it is still a good idea to have the "Total Guest" column and mark a 1 for all of the guests. Otherwise, they may count as NO RSVP and create an inaccurate guest count.
When accounting for +1s and additional guests, we also recommend creating a custom field for "Guest's Name". This will enable your check-in team to search those additional guests by name on the day of the event.
This article will explain in more detail how this works in more detail if needed.
Q: What status, I should assign to my guests?
A: When uploading your guest list in zkipster, a prompt window will give you the option to assign a confirmed or unconfirmed status to your guests.
- Unconfirmed: allows you to track guests attendance when sending an online invitation
- Confirmed: the guests who have already confirmed their attendance
You can see the number of confirmed and unconfirmed guest in the main page of the guest section on your browser, where Total Guests accounts for all guests, who nor have confirmed or declined attendance.