A Few Quick Tips to avoid errors when Importing Your Excel:
- The First row across must contain the Column headers for Guest Fields. Set up Column Headers exactly as they look in zkipster. Same spelling, phrasing...everything.
- Set up all the custom fields for the event ahead of time on the excel. They will be created and matched to the zkipster system once the list is imported.
- Remove all hidden columns, formulas, or different formatting on the excel. This can affect the upload negatively.
- Upload one sheet at a time. Multiple sheets won't upload.
- Only one email for is allowed for each guest. Ensure there aren't any symbols or commas that aren't part of the email.
- Receiving an error message indicating that there is over 100 columns? Quickly copy the cells with data in them, and paste them into a clean excel and import this new excel list.
Q: Where is zkipster excel template for help formatting my file?
A: It's located at the bottom of the screen on the same page as importing the guest list. An example template is also attached at the bottom of this article for use if needed.
Keep in mind that when downloading a template from your own account it will have all of the default fields available for the specific event being set up. This may change depending on the plan purchased.
Q: Do I need to use all the fields on the default template?
A: No. Any columns on the excel not being used for the specific event don't need to be used or filled out with data. Set up the excel with only the fields needed for the event.
Q: How many guest lists can I add?
A: zkipster allows the user to add as many guest lists as needed depending on the plan selected when purchasing an event.
- Starter events allow for up to 250 Main Guests
- Basic Events allow for up to 750 Main Guests
- Professional Events allow for up to an unlimited amount of Main Guests. Please note we don't recommend going over 10,000 Main Guests for an event run with zkipster.
Q: Can I add a guest list on top of my previous list?
A: Yes. Adding additional guest names in an excel or manually adding guests to a list is possible at anytime. Just click "Add Guests" at the top right of the Guest's screen.
Keep in mind when importing a list on top of an existing list you will be asked if you want to replace or add to existing list.
Please Note: zkipster doesn't de deduplicate at all in the system so make sure to remove duplicates ahead of time before importing an excel.
Also once "replace your list" is selected the previous list is completely removed from the zkipster database. Make sure not to replace any lists with invitations associated with them or the RSVP data will be deleted along with the guests. There will be two prompts to select before selecting this option.
Q: Does zkipster de deduplicate guests?
A: No. Remove all duplicates ahead of time on the excel before adding to an existing list.
If using multiple lists for different days or sessions, they can consist of the same exact guest list data. Each guest will be treated as a unique guest entry in zkipster not associated with any of the other entries.
Q: How to do I account for multiple day events or multiple sessions within an event?
A: If running multiple days or sessions users will most likely purchase the Professional event plan that allows for unlimited Main Guest uploads and can run for up to 7 days.
It's possible to upload an individual list for each day or each session.
For Example: A zkipster user might upload a list for each weekend day Friday, Saturday and Sunday as individual lists. Once each list is uploaded it's possible to check-in directly from each list or still have the option to check in from all lists at once.
Q: How do I account for Additional Guests/+1s?
A: Account for any additional guests by adding a "Total Guest" column on the guest list excel. The number value in that column for each guest is how to account for the additional guests a Main Guest can or will bring.
- 0 Total Guests = NO RSVP and the guest won't count towards your total guest count.
- 1 Total Guest = Main Guest only
- 2 Total Guest = Main Guest +1
- And so on from here.
Please Note: If only allowing for Main Guests and no additional guests, it's still a good idea to have the "Total Guest" column and mark a 1 for all of guests. Otherwise they may count as NO RSVP and create an inaccurate guest count.
If allowing for additional guests, zkipster also recommends creating a custom field for "Guest's Names" on the excel. That will enable users to search and check-in those additional guests on the day of the event in addition to the Main Guest.
This article will explain in more detail how this works in more detail if needed.