The check in message feature allows zkipster users to set up 5 phone numbers and 5 emails per guest. The check-in message is sent to all numbers and emails once that specific guest is checked in.
- The Starter and Basic events allow for a default message check-in message to be sent.
- The Professional event allows for customization of the check-in message up to 160 characters.
Event planners typically use this feature to let a host of the event know when a VIP has arrived or to inform a guest of their seating assignment once they are checked in for example.
Please Note: Only one message is able to be sent to all numbers and emails added to a guest. The message is sent only the once when the guest is checked in. No other texts from zkipster will be sent out for that guest once it has sent.
Customizing Check in Message with a Professional Event Plan
- Click on Check-in Messages tab on left hand side menu
- Write a Check-in Message with a personalized custom message up to 160 characters.
- Use tags to personalize each message for when it's sent to a guesty. The tags pull from the Guest Details.
The Starter and Basic Events still allow check-in messages to be sent, but they will consist of a default message. The default message will say:
":Guest First and Last Name checked into :Event Name at this :check-in time"
Individual guest details replace the ":" fields personalizing the message for each guest.
Check out the video at the bottom of the article for more visuals on how this works as well.
How to upload the Check in Message numbers and emails through your Excel
Upload the excel guest list with a column header spelled exactly as “Check- Message Email” and “Check-in Message Text” Please note that the default zkipster template will have these already on the excel. The template is downloadable on the same page where an excel file is imported.
It will ask for the default country code when uploading phone numbers.
Don’t have any spaces between numbers, and use a comma between multiple numbers or emails. Add up to 5 numbers and 5 emails for each guest.
The columns on the excel should look like the below:
Manually Adding Check in Message Text or Email
- Click on a specific guest
- Scroll to the bottom of the information page
- Add up to 5 emails or 5 numbers to be notified
- Click Save
The video below will go over all of these steps in more detail if needed: