Enable check-in message alerts to notify members of your team when certain guests arrive at your event. The message will automatically send to the recipient upon check-in. One check-in message is sent per guest, but can be sent to up to 5 phone numbers and 5 emails per guest.
- Starter and Basic events allow for a default check-in message to be sent.
- The Professional event allows for customization of the check-in message within a limit of up to 160 characters.
You can use this feature to let the event host know when a VIP has arrived or to inform a guest of their seating assignment once they check in.
Please Note: Format your message in the Check-In Message section of your zkipster account before your event begins. The message will be sent to the specified recipients once the guest is checked in. No other texts from zkipster will be sent once the check-message has been sent.
How to create a customized check-in message for a Professional event
- Click the check-in messages tab on left-hand side menu
- Compose a check-in message with a personalized message of up to 160 characters.
- 'Insert Tags' to pull specific Guest Details and personalize the message further.
Starter and Basic Events will consist of a pre-set message. This message will say:
"Guest First and Last Name checked into Event Name at this Check-in Time"
Individual guest details will replace the default fields personalizing the message for each guest.
Watch the video below to see how this works
How to designate receipts of your check-in messages
Format your excel with the column header “Check-in Message Text” or “Check- Message Email” and list the phone numbers and/or email addresses that you would like to receive the check-in message for each guest on your list.
zkipster will ask for the default country code when uploading phone numbers.
Do not include spaces between numbers, and use a comma to separate multiple numbers or email addresses. Add up to 5 numbers and 5 emails for each guest.
Manually add check-in message recipients after uploading your list:
- Select a specific guest by clicking on their name in your guest list
- Scroll to the bottom of their guest profile
- Add text recipients and email recipients under the Check-In Messages section
- Add up to 5 options for both
- Click Save
The video below will go over all of these steps in more detail if needed: