There are two ways to import a guest into zkipster:
- Importing with CSV or XLSX
- Manually adding a Guest
We will cover how to import an excel file (XLSX or CSV format) into your zkipster guest list in this article.
Before importing an excel document, we recommend checking out this article on Tips and FAQs on how to set up and import a guest list with zkipster
To download an example template file, click "Download Template File" located at the bottom of the "Import From File" page. A generic example template is also attached at the bottom of this article for use if needed, and visual instructions can be found in the video below.
Keep in mind that when downloading the template from your own zkipster event it will have all of the default fields available for the specific account being used.
For Example, Professional events with seating enabled will have Table Label and Seat Label on the template. The fields displayed on the template will change depending on the plan purchased, and the features turned on.
Importing an Excel with zkipster
1. Click on Add a Guest List button located in the upper right corner of your screen
2. Name the Guest List.
- Please note: Multiple lists can be imported into zkipster and naming will help keep lists organized and easy to use.
3. Click on "Import a List"
4. Select the excel or CSV file or drag and drop into the box
5. Next, you will be prompt to the Matching screen where guest fields that already exist as default fields in zkipster, will automatically appear as "Matched" (example: First Name, Last Name). Match any of the remaining unmatched fields from the drop-down or...
6. Create custom fields within the drop down for any fields that are custom to your event. This article explains how to create a custom field in zkipster
7. The green check mark indicates the fields have been matched.
8. Click "Continue" once all fields have the green check mark next to them
Pro Tip: Check out all of the default fields ahead of time in the Guest Fields tab located in the left-hand menu. Having the spelling on the excel exactly as what is set up in zkipster will allow the system to automatically match default fields and any custom fields previously set up.
If you are using the zkipster Invitation feature, the next screen will prompt you to assign Status to your guests. You can assign a confirmed or unconfirmed status to your guests
- Unconfirmed: allows you to track guests attendance when sending an online invitation
- Confirmed: the guests who have already confirmed their attendance
You will be able to see guests, their status and related information in the Guest View tab.