How to Set up your Domain and Email in zkipster..
To send invitations from your own sender email, you must first verify the email domain before you can verify the sender email. This is referred to as 'domain white-labelling'. It is a one-time setup and requires the help of your IT team or an administrator with access to the email server.
- Go to Account Settings - Domain Setup
- Enter the email domain. This is the part following the @ sign.
- zkipster will generate the CNAME Records that should be added to the DNS file of your domain in the email server. There is also a link to email these to your IT administrator with instructions in the link.
- Once verified, 3 green check marks will appear next to each record. Now you can verify the sender emails associated with this domain.
- Input the full sender email you wish you to use. A verification email is sent to that email address from zkipster so this must be a real inbox. You can have more than one sender email associated with the account.
- Click the verification link and log back into zkipster when requested.
- Once the email is verified, a green check mark will appear and the verified email will be available in the drop-down for 'Sender Email' on invitations.
You might experience a delay in domain verification, this is normal. If IT administrator has carried out the correct steps and you still don't see a change after a few hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the Support team will investigate.
What if I don't have an IT or Email Admin?
If you don't have a dedicated IT team you most likely did have someone that helped set up your domain for website and emails. If possible reach out to the team that helped set up your domain.
Otherwise, there are resources online on how to find the DNS records for domains. Google your domain name and DNS records to find the specific resources related to how to set up the DNS records. This link from our 3rd party partner Sendgrid shows how to white label GoDaddy and Hover domains.
A Word about Email Deliverability..
All email inboxes are protected by filters that help to block spam and junk emails from unwanted sources. These filters that work on a scoring system that grades incoming mail against undisclosed criteria to determine whether it is junk or not. One or two triggers might still allow emails through, but if enough triggers are set off, the email will not be received in an inbox.
Warning triggers include:
- Sender reputation
- Size of email
- Size of images in email
- use of non ‘web-safe’ fonts
- If the email is sent by an intermediary
The good news is zkipster has taken steps to maximize the deliverability of your email invitations! One of these steps is white-labelling your domain.
What is Domain White-labelling’?
This process allows zkipster to send emails on your behalf so they look like they are coming from you directly, with no mention of zkipster’s address. Not only does it looks clean and tidy in the guest’s inbox, but this also minimizes the chance of the email invitation falling into junk as the filters don’t pick up zkipster as an intermediary tool.
What does White-labeling a Domain look like?
To verify an email you must whitelabel your domain first and the steps to do so are above. We do this to ensure highest deliverability and reputation of the emails being sent from our servers. This is what it would look like if you didn't white-label a domain.
Non Verified Domain and Email
- Still sends from invtd.to
- Higher chance of being flagged or blocked by guest servers
Verified Domain and Email
- Clean clear look and feel in guest's inbox
- Higher deliverability as zkipster is now sending emails on behalf of your server