Whatever template selected from the initial start screen will have the exact same sections that can be edited here in the Email Builder section.
Please Note: if attempting to send any email with a form attached, select either the "RSVP" or "Email and Form Template" option from the template selection screen. Those are the only templates with a form automatically attached.
For example, when sending a Save the Date but still wanting to allow for guests to RSVP early, select the RSVP template and customize the Email Builder accordingly.
The video located at the bottom of this article will go over all of these steps with visual and verbal instructions as well.
Background: Customize the color of the two background section of the email. If you have your own color code paste the codes into the color section. Please note, it's not possible to change anything other than the color here in the background section.
Logo: Upload your company or event logo here. Keep in mind that most clients actually have a Banner image that contains a logo along with the rest of the event flyer image, so it may make more sense to turn this section off.
Banner: The Banner image will be the main image of the email body. This image is typically put together by a design or creative team and uploaded into this Banner section. Some things to keep in mind with Banner images:
- The system only accepts .gif., .jpg and .png files. Using .gif files can enliven emails a little more and look great presentation wise. This article has more suggestions on image recommendations for the banner.
- The image is automatically resized to 570 px in width to ensure for highest deliverability. It also ensures that guests will be able to open it up on mobile devices. 50-60% of guests open their emails on their phones.
- Use less text and more image for the Banner. The more text you have in an image the greater chance the image will not be as clear when uploading into the system. Use the Body Text section to provide the event details. This can also cause more spam or blocks when it comes to deliverability.
- Flick the toggle that allows guests to click the image to be taken to their form in addition to the RSVP button.
Body Text: Add event text and details, hyperlinks and even manipulate the source code within this specific section of invites. zkipster always recommends to have text accompanying any banner images as having text with an image greatly increases the deliverability of emails. Other things to note:
- Use Tags to personalize the emails for the specific guest. The automated tags pull from the Guest Details so that when adding items like Guest Name, Table Assignments, Company name and any of the other event Guest Fields it will display in the email body.
- Hyperlink any outside landing pages or emails. When using an event landing page outside of zkipster, or a payment collection site it's possible to link it in the body text area directing guests to that destination.
- Sometimes it makes more sense to have the banner image below the text. It's possible to set this up with the source code option. This article will provide the code and instructions on how to do this.
Button: Here it's simply choosing the color and text that will be displayed for the RSVP button. The RSVP form is the only thing that will be linked through this button. Please note if an invite template without a form was selected this RSVP Button option should be turned off, as the button won't link to anything.
Footer: The Footer section allows the editing of text similar to the Body Text section. Add links to social media pages, disclaimers, signatures or any other destinations that would be beneficial for a guest.
This is also where to flick off the zkipster watermark at the bottom of the email.
Plain Text Version: Turning this on enables a stripped down HTML version of the email text to be sent to guests if they have strong firewalls on their email servers. Government or Banking institutions come to mind here.
Add additional event details here and how they can get a hold of you to manually RSVP. 99.9% of the time it's not needed but turning it on covers the .01%
Other things to note:
- Send a test email at the top right of the screen. You can send a copy of the invite to up to 5 emails at a time.
- Save changes at anytime with the Orange save button at the top right.