Our RSVP templates allow you to collect responses to event invitations and view an up-to-date list of attendees right from your zkipster account.
This article explains how to build your RSVP form around your specific event needs. There is also a short video tutorial for building forms at the bottom of this article.
Non-transferrable event invitations: In zkipster, your event invitations arrive via email to only the guests you have included on your guest list. Each invitation will link to an RSVP form that is unique to each guest, creating a non-transferrable event invitation.
Follow the steps below to avoid guests overwriting data on their forms.
Please note that you are able to set up your form in any language by making use of the 'Display Name' option inside your individual response fields! Find more information on this further down in this article.
Setting up your RSVP form
Click Form is Taking Responses: By default, your form will be set to "taking responses" when you begin building your template. In this specific section, you can set up automatic triggers that will close the form after certain criteria have been met. That includes closing the form:
- 24 hours or up to 1 hour before the event start time
- On a specific date and time before the event starts
- After a certain number of guests, across all guest lists, have confirmed for the event.
- This number can be seen from the Guest List view under the total "Confirmed" column. This refers to all confirmed guests across all guest lists, if you are sending your invitations to multiple guest lists.
- After a certain number of confirmations to one specific RSVP form.
- This would close the form once a pre-determined number of confirmations has been reached.
How to edit the RSVP form after invitation has been sent:
Use this option if you need to manually close the form after reaching capacity of an event.
It is also possible to edit other components of the RSVP form here. Any changes made will go live for the guests viewing the form from that point on.
A unique RSVP form link will be generated for each of your guests when using zkipster invitations and response forms.
If a guest were to forward their invite onto another person, that person would see the original guest's information automatically populated on the form, but could potentially overwrite the original guest's data if these fields are not "locked".
To lock Response Fields for First and Last name, click on each field to reveal the lock/unlock toggle. This is explained further below, in the Response Fields section below.
It is also possible to generate a URL for a blank RSVP form, which we call an open Public Form. This can be used for to gather RSVPs from anyone with the link, including guests that are not on your existing guest lists.
Any guest that inputs their information on a Public form appears as a new guest in your event. To determine which guest list these new guests will be added to, select from the Guest List drop down menu in the Public Form tab.
Please Note: Only turn your form into a Public Form when the desire is to open your event to anyone from the public.
Review the Private Form section above for more clarity. This article also provides examples of how other clients have used the Public forms to gather responses from an event partner or sponsor.
Page Design: Upload a logo, change the header text and change the footer text on the form from this section.
Turn off the zkipster watermark in the footer section.
Click Response Fields to:
- Toggle the specific response fields ON or OFF
- Customise the Display Name of any of your response fields in order to re-phrase the wording or change the language on the form
- For example: Click on the First Name field to change the Display Name to 'Prénom'
- Create new Custom Fields for questions and response text fields, single choice drop down response options or checkbox options
- Lock or Require certain fields by clicking on the specific Field tab
- For example: Click on the First Name field to see the option to lock it
- Reorder the Response Fields by clicking the box icon to the left of the fields and dropping into the desired location
How to account for Guest Plus Ones: Toggle the Total Guests response field to ON and a drop down menu will automatically appear when your form is live. The drop down menu will give your guests the option to RSVP for themselves and any plus ones you have allotted them. This article explains how to assign plus ones for each of your guests when you import your guest list.
Button Options: Change the color and text of the RSVP button here. It's also possible to add a decline option for guests.
If adding a decline option, click the little box in the bottom right corner to have "Declining" guests not to fill out any of the required fields.
Page Notifications: This is the message that will appear after a guest submits their RSVP form. Set up the message for when a form is closed here as well. Use this section to:
- Let guests know a follow up email will be coming shortly with more event details
- Provide an email for guests to reach out to if they would like to invite others to the event
- Let them know you're excited to have them!
Add to Calendar & Auto Confirmation Email
- The information for both the Auto Confirmation and Add to Calendar is automatically populated with your Event Details. This includes: the Event Name, Event Time/Date and Event Location you determined when you Set Up your event.
- You can turn off this Auto Confirmation and/or the Add to Calendar feature in this section
- The date and time appear as your Event Start Time does in the Event Details
- The Auto Confirmation is a basic message with the unique RSVP link for each guest in case your guests need to go back to their form to make changes.
- The Confirmation email is not yet customizable. Therefore, it may make more sense to set up separate Confirmation/Reminder emails through the zkipster email builder and send this to all Confirmed guests sometime before the event.
Email Notifications: Once a guest RSVPs the Account Owner user will receive an email notification as a default. You can choose to turn this off completely, or choose a different team member to receive these notifications.
The video below goes over each of these items in more visual detail: