Setting up the excel Guest List for automated seating
Couple of important things needed for when automatically seating guests with an excel.
- All zkipster tables must be set on the floor plan prior to automatically seat guests. Click on this article to learn how to set up tables in zkipster.
- Guests must be designated both a Table Label and Seat Label to be automatically seated. Guests won't be seated without both.
- The Seat Label must account for any additional guests. The picture example below will clarify further
- Add seating colors to identify different types of guests, or different tags like dining requirements for example. You can currently choose from 20 color options. Find out more on this here.
- If you are using the Invitations feature and are collecting RSVP statuses, please note that only Confirmed guests will be able to be seated.
Accounting for Additional Guests
If a Main Guest has been attributed additional guests they will be seated directly next to the Main Guest in sequential order.
The Seating Labels need to account for additional guests by inputting the right seat label for each Main Guest at a table.
As you can see from the example below, the Seat Labels account for additional guests by starting with:
- Table 1 Seat 1 for Carrie Bradshaw who has 2 additional guests.
- The next guest, Miranda Priestly, has Table 1 Seat 4 to account for those 3 total guests Carrie Bradshaw is representing.
- This pattern would continue for the remaining guests and tables.
Once the zkipster tables placed and the excel is uploaded, these guests will be automatically placed in those seats within the Seating interface.
The excel for Seating fields should look like the below: