Before seating guests manually or automatically with an excel, zkipster tables must be set in the Seating interface.
Please note seating functionality is only currently available via the desktop and iOs zkipster app. Seating is not supported on the Android zkipster app currently.
If you have a floor plan needing to be uploaded please reach out on the Live Chat in the bottom right corner of the account screen. Attach the floor plan with the paperclip icon. Please let us zkipster know the specific event it's to be added to and any specifications that are needed for the floor plan.
Manually Creating and Setting zkipster Tables
When in the seating interface the first section will be the Tables & Seats. Couple of things to note:
- All of the table options are listed on left hand side
- Click on a table type to drag and drop on the seating map
- Click on the table to customize
Customize tables in a few different ways:
- Duplicate tables. The easiest process is to create one table example and then duplicate that specific table for the rest of the tables needed
- Delete tables with the garbage can icon
- Change the Table Label.
- Please note the Table Label is tied to the automatic seating when using the excel to automatically seat guests. This is especially important when making duplicate tables as all the Table Labels will need to be updated
- Create a table name that will be seen from the iOs app and pdf. Table names do not currently show up on the desktop interface
- Customize the amount of seats and the rotation of the table
- More options will allow editing of the starting seat number, sequence of the seats and the direction of the seats
It is typically easiest to set up one table with all specifications and then make duplicates of that table by clicking on the duplicate icon. Keep in mind it will require changing the Table Label of each duplicate, but makes it easy to have tables of all the right dimensions much more efficiently.
Setting up Rowed Seating Events
When using Rows instead of tables, the best set up is to create a single row for each entry. This will allow a Number or Letter be associated for each row going across.
If you have a seating block consisting of multiple rows, create individual zkipster rows for each one, and change the name on the Table Label for which number the seats start on.
Example below: The first Seating block was labeled 1A and was extended to 10 seats and reduced to 1 row. A copy was made and the Table Label renamed to 1B row and changed the seating to start at 11 in the more options drop down. This way everything will be in a "seating block one", but can seat my guests and find them quickly by row and seat label.