Before you can seat your guests manually, or automatically with an excel, your zkipster tables must be set in the Seating interface.
Please note that the Seating functionality is currently only available via the desktop and on the iOs zkipster app. At this point in time, Seating is not supported on the Android zkipster app.
If you have a floor plan you would like to upload into zkipster please reach out via the Live Chat in the bottom right corner of your screen. Attach the floor plan with the paperclip icon and let us know which event you would like this to be added to, along with any other specifications that are needed for the floor plan.
Manually Creating and Setting zkipster Tables
Once you are in the Seating interface, the first section will be 'Tables & Seats'.
A couple of things to note:
- All of the available table and seat options are listed on the left
- Click on a table, row or focal point to drag and drop it onto the seating map
- Click into the table to customize it as you require
You can customize the tables in a few different ways:
- Duplicate tables. The easiest process is to create one table first, and then duplicate this one in order to add the rest of the tables that are still needed
- Delete tables with the garbage can icon
- Change the Table Label.
- Please note that the Table Label is tied to the automatic seating when using your excel to automatically seat guests. This is especially important when duplicating tables as all the Table Labels will need to be updated
- Create a Table Name that will be seen from the iOs app and the PDF file. Table Names currently do not show up on the desktop interface
- Customize the amount of seats and the rotation of the table
- Clicking on 'More options' will allow you to edit the:
- Starting seat number
- Sequence of the seats
- Direction of the seats
It is typically easiest to set up one table with all specifications and then create duplicates of that table by clicking on the duplicate icon. Keep in mind that you will need to adjust the Table Label of each duplicate. However, this duplicating process will make the creation of tables with the same dimensions much easier and more efficient.
Setting up Rowed Seating Events
When using rows instead of tables, the best way to set this up is to create a single row for each entry as this will allow you to associate a number or letter for each row going across.
If you have a seating block consisting of multiple rows, create individual zkipster rows for each one, and change the name on the Table Label for which number the seats start on.
Example below: The first Seating block was labeled 1A and was extended to 10 seats and reduced to 1 row. A copy was made and the Table Label renamed to 1B row and changed the seating to start at 11 in the more options drop down. This way everything will be in a "seating block one", but can seat my guests and find them quickly by row and seat label.