If looking for a way to automatically seat guests, this can be done with the guest list excel, and this article provides the details on how to set up the excel properly for this.
Manually Seating Guests with zkipster on the Desktop
Once the Tables and Seats have been set on the floor plan, the next step would be seating guests or groups of guests. Some things to keep in mind:
- Using the search bar at the bottom of the guest menu on the left hand side makes it easy to look up specific guests or company names. It's possible to search for any guest fields
- Filter the left hand menu by All Guests, Seated or Unseated
- Sort guests with the orange wheel located in the search bar. Organize the list by First Name, Last Name, or Table Label
For the seating guests:
- Click on the guest to be seated from the left hand menu
- Select the seat they will be seated in
- +1 guests are seated directly to the right of the Main Guest. Currently +1's aren't able to be separated from the Main Guest
- Reseat or Unseat a Guest by clicking on where they are seated on the floor plan
- When Reseating select the seat where they will be reseated
For Additional Guests: Make sure enough seats are allocated at the table where the +1s will be seated.
When a Main Guest is seated and additional guests don't have enough open seats available at that table, a message will pop up relaying that not enough seats are available.
Remember additional guests are always seated directly to the right of the Main Guest. So it may be that the wrong seat was selected for the Main Guest if the message pops up indicating no seats are available.
The Seating Overview
The Seating Overview provides a full overview of the seating plan and the opportunity to download the floor plan as a PDF with different viewing options.