Click ahead to 1:30 on the video above for content specifically related to resending invites.
Forwarding Invites to Newly Added Guests
There is a good chance adding more guests will be required for an event. zkipster makes it super easy to do this in a couple different ways. The first one being adding another guest list or adding a guest manually to an existing list.
When adding a guest manually or via excel on top of an existing list, the system will prompt the user with a pop up. It will ask if any the invites associated with this list should be forwarded to the newly added guests. Example of pop up below.
When adding a guest list the system will first ask to either replace existing guests or add to existing list.
Please Note: Replacing a list that has previous RSVP data associated will completely erase the previous list and all invitation tokens associated with a guest. This means RSVP links will no longer work in any invites sent to a guest.
Make sure to only add to existing lists when adding new guests to a list and de duplicate the excel before hand.
Then the zkipster system will ask to either Save and Forward the invite or Save Only. Check the box next to the invite from the provided list to forward to the newly added guests.
Resending an Invite and Where to do this in zkipster
There are a couple of different places where resending invites is possible:
Guest List View
The first place is when looking at the full list of guests and using the Action drop down. Here it's possible to filter by the specific list and the status of guests who need to be resent an email.
Once the guests have been selected, by either checking the All guest's box or the individual box next to each name, click Resend Invitation from the Action drop down.
Best ways to use this include:
- Sending an RSVP reminder email to all unconfirmed guests. Filter by unconfirmed and check the box to select all guests. Select the RSVP email already sent and resend as a Reminder to RSVP without having to create a brand new invite.
- When a guest says they didn't receive an invite.
- When adding new guests and needing to forward/resend them a previous invite that wasn't sent when first adding the guest.
However zkipster users choose to do this, resending an email is extremely easy to do from the guest list and prevents having to create a new invite every time a user wants to resend a previous email. GIF example below of how this will look in zkipster.
Invites Reporting View
It's also possible to resend invites directly from the Invitations Reporting Page. Once on the reporting page it's possible to select specific guests and select Resend Invitation from the Action drop down. This is especially helpful when:
- A guest has a bounced or missing email
- A guest reports that they didn't receive an email
For guests with emails that have bounced or are missing it's easy to update their email and quickly resend them the email.
- Click on the guest from the reporting page.
- Update the email and click enter which will save the update. The system will take you back to the reporting page
- Click the box next to the same guest that was just updated. Please note the system will also indicate that this guest's info has recently been updated
- Select Resend Invitation from the Action drop down
- Confirm your resend
Their email status will be immediately updated and will continue to update once the email is delivered or bounced. Will look like example below: