File Types for your Banner Image
The banner image file must be either JPG, GIF or PNG. Different image formats are better for different image types.
- For very simple images (1-2 colors, no text), GIF is actually the most efficient format.
- For most graphics, like banners, flyers, illustrations, PNG is the best format, but a bit less efficient when it comes to file size optimization.
- For photos, JPG is the best format by far for efficiency and sampling.
A mistake that is often made, however, is that graphics with text on it are saved as JPG and then most of the text or sharp lines between elements get "pixelated". This article gives great detail on the different file types and recommendations for which file type to save the banner image as.
Any changes to file type would have to be made to the original image with some type of photo editor. Adobe Photoshop is typically a preferred program for any photo and image editing.
Banner Image Size Specifications
The zkipster banner section on the Email Builder will automatically resize larger images to 570px in width. If the image itself would be bigger (like 1080px) we resize the image to the perfect size for the template, which enables better:
- Deliverability of invitations
- Display-ability across all devices. 50-60% of people open their emails on a mobile device
For full customization of the email and all content, zkipster recommends creating an HTML email
If possible, make the design team aware of these restrictions and suggestions so they can work these tips in when creating the image that will be used for invitations.
Invitations Examples Created Through zkipster