Sending invitations to capture a group of responses or a sponsor guest allocation
When using zkipster invites, typically an invite is sent to the guest list and collect RSVPs for each of those Main Guests and if they have any +1s.
This article will go over how to set up invites so it's possible to collect RSVPs of corporations, sponsors or whoever is allocated to have a certain head count for an event. This is used when zkipster users don't have the names of these guests and the sponsor isn't willing to share or asks to set it up on their own guest list for example.
This process will consist of creating an invitation template with a form attached. This will be possible by using the public URL on the form to collect the names of guests that are unknown or not able to be added directly to the zkipster guest list.
Setting up the Invitation
Couple things to pay attention to when initially setting up the invitation:
- The internal name should reference exactly who this will be sent to.
- Make sure to title each invite with who you're sending to. This reduces cluttering the invitation tab and not knowing which invite was sent to who.
- Select the individual guest to send to instead of choosing the Guest List.
- Start typing in the person's name and they will auto populate.
- Continue to the Edit Email section and customize the invite with the Email Builder
This is assuming that this invite will be sent to one person/sponsor at the company and they will be tasked with collecting the other RSVPs by sharing the Public URL. This is the best way zkipster recommends setting up this process and the instructions continue below.
Setting up the Form
There are a couple things to pay attention to here:
- Set the limit for how many guests can RSVP on this for in the "Form is taking Responses" section in the Form Settings tab.
- The "Close after " " form confirmations" This number needs to be the head count allocated for the company the invite is being sent to.
- Turn the form to Public.
- This generates a unique URL that will later be placed in the Body Text of the main invitation.
- Once the form is Public select the guest list the new guests will be added to
- They can be added to an existing guest list or create a brand new guest list specific to the company they are from if one doesn't exist already
- Set up the Response fields and anything else on the form needing to be customized
- Now the form URL can be placed in the Body Text of the Main invitation
Place the Public URL in the Body Text of the Invitation
Now place the Public URL of the form within the main body text section of the invitation. This is all assuming this invitation is being sent to a specific to the Main Guest/Sponsor that will be counted on to collect RSVPs through the Public URL.
It is up to the zkipster user to recommend to their guests how to set this up on their end. They can:
- Forward the invitation to their own guest list and make sure they only click on the hyperlinked Public URL in the body text rather than the main RSVP button
- Or, have them copy the Public URL and send that in a separate email to whoever they will be allowing to RSVP internally
Indicate somewhere, on either the invite or the form, how the Main Guest/Sponsor should go about sending the RSVP email or URL to the other guests who will be filling out the remaining head count.
The Body Text section should look something like the below:
And this is what it would like in your Main Guest's inbox: