zkipster's Invitations feature allows you to send an automatic confirmation email to your guests once they have RSVPed to your event through the response form. The Confirmation Email is completely customizable and a great place to include additional information about your event, or start a conversation with all your confirmed guests!
This article explains how to set up your Confirmation Email in a few simple steps.
If you would like to set up an additional Auto Decline Email for all your declined guests, you can find further instructions on this here.
Enabling Confirmation Email
The Confirmation Email is automatically switched to 'ON' by default when you choose the 'RSVP', 'Email and Responses Form' or 'Responses Form' option from the Invitation templates screen.
If you would rather not want your guests to receive an auto response after they have RSVPed, you can also turn this feature off completely by clicking on the 'RSVP "Confirm" Options' tab inside the Form Builder and toggling 'Send Confirmation Email' from 'ON' to 'OFF':
Setting up Confirmation Email
The Email Builder for your Confirmation Email works in exactly the same way as the Email Builder for your Invitation Email.
Email Setup: This is the section where you set up the Email Subject Line, From Name, as well as the Reply to and Sender Email for your Confirmation Email. Please note that these can be different from your Invitation Email!
- Email Subject Line: This is the first line your guest sees when receiving the email. It is a great place to reiterate your event name, express gratitude and confirm your guests' attendance.
- From Name: This can be your name, the sponsor of the event, the name of your event, or anything else informing that you see fit.
- Reply to Email: This is the email address that will receive any direct replies or questions if a guest were to click on 'Reply' to this email.
- Sender Email: This is the email address your email will be sent from. In order to send it from your own address you must verify it first, which is a process called 'whitelabeling'. If you haven't yet whitelabled your domain and verified your email address, you can do so in the Domain Setup section inside the Account Settings of your zkipster account. This article walks you through the process.
Customizing Your Email Content
You can design and customize the content of your Confirmation Email just like you are able to with your Invitation Email! Please see further details on the different design sections below, or have a look at this article here for more detailed information.
Background: Customize the color of the two background sections of your Confirmation Email. As with the Invitation Email, you can use your own HEX color codes by pasting them into the sections.
Logo: You have the option to upload your company or event logo here.
Banner: Upload a memorable image or program flyer for your event in JPG, PNG or GIF format. You can find further specifications for your Banner image file here.
Body Text: As with your Invitation Email Builder, you can include a customized message to all attending guests. You can:
- Use Dynamic Tags to personalize the Confirmation Email for each guest, and include additional details, such as table name, seat number, or any other relevant information.
- Add hyperlinks to your website or event landing page to provide your guests with further details.
Button: You can choose to toggle ON or OFF the button, which will lead your guests back to the original response form. This is useful if you would like to provide your guests with the option to edit their RSVP, in case they want or need to change their response and selections.
Footer: The Footer section allows for additional text and links to social media pages, disclaimers, signatures or any other information that would be beneficial for your guests. In this section you can also turn off the zkipster watermark that appears at the bottom of the email.
Plain Text Version: Turning this option on enables a stripped down HTML version of the confirmation text to be sent to guests who have strong firewalls on their email servers.
Reviewing Your Confirmation Email
You can double check how your Confirmation Email has been set up in the Review screen before you send your invitation to your guests.
Each section of your RSVP invitation will be listed here with direct editing access in order to accommodate any last minute changes. Simply click on 'Edit Email' or any of the pencil icons on the right to edit the relevant section.