If you're looking to seat your guests individually, this article provides the details on how to do so.
Setting up the excel Guest List for automated seating
Some important things needed for automatically seating guests with an excel.
- All zkipster tables must be set on the floor plan prior to automatically seat guests. Click on this article to learn how to set up tables in zkipster.
After uploading your guest list, you will find your guests seated accordingly on your seating-plan
- Guests must be designated both a Table Label and Seat Label to be automatically seated. Guests won't be seated without both.
- The Seat Label must account for any additional guests. The picture example below will clarify further
- In the excel file, you can also identify the seating colors or different tags like dining requirements for example. You can currently choose from 20 different color options. Find out more about this here.
- If you are using the Invitations feature and are collecting RSVP statuses, please note that only Confirmed guests will be able to be seated.
Accounting for Additional Guests
If a Main Guest has been attributed additional guests they will be seated directly next to the Main Guest according to the seating direction stated in the table configuration.
The Seating Labels need to account for additional guests by inputting the right seat label for each Main Guest at a table.
As you can see from the example below, the Seat Labels account for additional guests by starting with:
- Table 1 Seat 1 for Carrie Bradshaw who has 2 additional guests.
- The next guest, Miranda Priestly, has Table 1 Seat 4 to account for those 3 total guests Carrie Bradshaw is representing.
- This pattern would continue for the remaining guests and tables.
The excel for Seating fields should look like the below:
Before importing your list into zkipster, you can indicate the seating color you'd like to categorize your guests by. To do this, use the label Seating Color and add one of the colors below for each guest you'd like to denote a color for as shown above.
Choose from the following color options:
Once the zkipster tables have been placed and the excel is thereafter uploaded, these guests will be automatically placed in those seats within the Seating interface.
You can view your list by seating color by customizing your desktop view. Just click the small web view icon with three gray bars, at the top of your guest list. Display the Seating Color along with any other information you'd like to see. Click the field name to sort by color.
If you click on the arrow beside the guest name on the left hand side you are able to edit the details of the guest, for example their seating color or the total number of +1's they are coming with.