zkipster users have two options when setting up event sessions.
- As a Custom field in the response form: recommended for strictly private events where session-capping is not required
- Via Public Forms: recommended if you need to cap session slots
Event Sessions via the Form
- Create a custom field including all available event sessions. We recommend using the single-choice drop-down or checkbox custom field format. Here, you can find more information on how to create custom fields in zkipster
- Activate the field in your RSVP form. Additionally, you can set the fields as required to ensure guests will select a session before they submit their RSVP to the event
- The time session each guest selects would save in their guest profile in the form of a custom field
- To be more efficient, before the event, you can split your guest list out based on the time session guests have selected
Few things to keep in mind:
- You cannot cap each event session separately. You can only cap the form as a whole
- Editing and deleting guest field options (such as changing the time options or deleting a time session) marked as in use will automatically remove/edit the information available in your guest list.
Event Session using Public Forms
- Set up a Master guest list including all guests for invitation send out
- Set up additional empty guest lists for each event session
- Set up a Standalone Response Form for each event session. Using the Form settings switch the forms to public, define the number of total guests for each person and the guest list where guest responses will go (this would be the guest list for the corresponding time session). Here you can also set up the cap for each event session. Here you can learn more on how to set up your form.
- Create a Standalone Email inside your event and copy each public form URL for each session into the body text field (you can hyperlink those so that you do not have to give your guests the raw URL)
- Send out your invitation as you normally would
A few things to keep in mind:
- Public response forms are open to the public and anyone with access to the URL will be able to RSVP to your event and create a new guest entry on the guest list
- This method will not be able to prevent guests from signing up for more than one session.
- You will have duplicate guest entries across the main list and all session sub-lists. However, you can choose to only see a specific guest list during check-in. You may choose to delete guests from the main list once they have registered for a specific session.