While zkipster's 'Email and Response Form' template works as a fixed set, with the email part not being able to be split from the response form part, you may sometimes require the flexibility to use (and duplicate) your invitation email and response form independently from each other.
The good news is that you can still manually link any response form to any standalone email via the 'Button' tab on the email composer! This option will behave in the same way as the standard 'Email and Responses Form' template, but it will give you the flexible option to choose which form to link to which email.
You might prefer setting your RSVP invitation up in that way, in case you would like to:
- Send your invitation email in different languages but have all your responses go through the same form
- Tailor the email text of your invitation to different guest segments (VIPs, sponsors, partners, clients, etc.) but have every guest RSVP via the same response form
- Send RSVP reminders without having to work off two (or more) response form reports
If any of the above applies to you, we recommend working with standalone emails and linking them to a specific responses form(s) of your choosing.
How to Create a Standalone Email or Form
To create your standalone email(s) and form(s) respectively:
- Click on the orange 'Create Invitation' button
- On the Template Overview Screen, click on the ‘Standalone Email’ and/ or ‘Responses Form’ options
More information on the different templates available can be found in this article.
After you have set up your email and form templates you can further create a few different copies of them, as required. These can then be edited separately from each other. This article has more information on how to duplicate emails and forms.
How to Link your Email to a Form
As shown in the example below, you can then go ahead and link your standalone invitation email (for your VIP guests, for instance) to your event's main response form.
To do this:
- Go to the ‘Button’ tab on the email composer and switch it to 'On
- Scroll down to find 'Link Button' option on the Button tab
- Toggle the 'Link Button' option to 'On'
- On the dropdown menu select the response form of your choosing
- Click 'Save Changes'
For information on shareable invitations, please feel free to visit this article.