Before you read on, check out our case study on the Lincoln Center virtual gala to see how they used Zoom integration and Share a Table in zkipster.
What is Share a Table?
zkipster's Share a Table function allows collaborating with external partners and event stakeholders to seat and manage guest seats at events. Using a shareable link, you can invite outside contributors to place guests on specific seats and add these guests to a guest list.
How to Set up Shareable Links
To create a shareable link, start by building your floor plan and tables. For more information on how to set up your plan and tables, please refer to our How to Build a Floor Plan article.
To begin, click on the 'Share' icon at the top of the Table Settings:
Creating The Link
To create the sharable URL, use the 'Share Table' button in the Active Shares screen:
Please note: Once you have created a link, this and all active links associated with the table will show in the ‘Active Shares’ list. There is no limit for the number of links you can create associated to the same table.
Configuring the Link
In this section, you can set up the name of the link, set up the guest list and limit the number of seats associated with the link:
- Provide a name for the link. You can have multiple active links associated with the same table so make sure to assign a name that gives a clear indication about the purpose of the link
- Select the guest list guests will be added to upon being seated. Guests seated via Share a Table are added as new guests to your event.
- Allow Seating lets you select which seats should be included with the link. This can be all seats on the table or include only specific seats.
- Choose whether the floor plan for your entire event can be viewed by the party when registering the guests.
- Select an expiration date for the link (optional)
- Set required guest information for the table and event registration. You can select any fields available in your event.
Sharing the Link
Once you have generated and configured the link, you can use the email option and send out the shareable URL directly via the Active Shares screen. Alternatively, use the 'Copy' button and share it using the Invitations feature or outside of zkipster. You can also set up automated reminders before the link expiration date.
The Active Shares screen
Once created, the link will be available in the Active Shares screen. You can view the link by clicking on the icon next to the sharing link name. To edit or delete an active link use the pencil or trash can icons respectively.
Registering Guests via Share a Table
When you share the link using the email option, your recipient(s) will receive an email with an invitation to access the table and seat guests. Other guests who are also seated at the same table but are not part of the same share will not be visible to the person registering his or her guests.
Based on the example above, the recipient screen below shows the following:
- Seats 2 and 10 are seated with guests from another party and hence marked with a check-mark on the recipient screen
- Seat 12 was not selected as part of this share, hence it is marked with an X
- Odd-numbered seats were excluded due to Blocked Seating and marked with an X
- Seats 4, 6 and 12 were part of this share and are available for registration for the recipient