Once you have uploaded your floor plan image (find out how to do this here) you are ready to design your seating chart!
Watch our tutorial video for a quick overview:
Find step-by-step information in the sections below.
Creating and Setting zkipster Tables
Once you are in the Seating interface, the first section will be 'Tables & Seats':
A couple of things to note:
All of the available table and seat options are listed on the left
Click on a table, row or focal point to drag and drop it onto the seating map
Click into the table to customize it as you require
You can customize the tables in a few different ways:
Share your table. Use the Share Icon to have different stakeholders register their guests at the table
Duplicate tables. The easiest process is to create one table first, and then duplicate this one in order to add the rest of the tables that are still needed
Delete tables with the garbage can icon
Change the Table Label.
- Please note that the Table Label is tied to Automatic Seating when using your excel spreadsheet to automatically seat guests. This is especially important when duplicating tables as all Table Labels will need to be updated
Create a Table Name that will be visible on the iOs app and the PDF file
- In order make your Table Names show up on the browser interface be sure to zoom into your floor plan until the names become visible
Block seats. You can setup blocked seating in this section
Customize the amount of seats and the rotation of the table
- When working with rectangular tables, you are able to choose a different number of seats on all four sides (i.e. top, bottom, left and right)
- In order to increase the number of seats symmetrically on each side keep the Seats sections 'locked'
- To enable asymmetric seating arrangements click on the lock icon(s) in the Seats section to 'unlock' the ability to increase seat numbers independently from each other
Clicking on 'More options' will allow you to edit the:
Starting Seat Number
Sequence of the seats
Direction of the seats
It is typically easiest to set up one table with all specifications and then create duplicates of that table by clicking on the duplicate icon. Keep in mind that you will need to adjust the Table Label of each duplicate. However, this duplicating process will make the creation of tables with the same dimensions much easier and more efficient.
You are also able to select multiple tables and move them across your seating map using this icon right beneath the zoom buttons:
Setting up Rowed Seating Events
When using rows instead of tables, the best way to set this up is to create a single row for each entry as this will allow you to associate a number or letter for each row going across.
If you have a seating block consisting of multiple rows, create individual zkipster rows for each one, and change the name on the Table Label for which number the seats start on.
Example below: The first Seating block was labeled 1A and was extended to 10 seats and reduced to 1 row. A copy was made and the Table Label renamed to 1B row and changed the seating to start at 11 in the more options drop down. This way everything will be in a "seating block one", but can seat my guests and find them quickly by row and seat label.