zkipster’s check-in message feature enables you to alert members of your team or other colleagues/ collaborators when a guest has arrived at your event by sending an automated SMS or email notification to them!
It is currently only possible to set up one check-in message text per event. However, you are able to send it to a maximum of 5 phone numbers and/ or 5 email addresses per guest. The check-in message is triggered by the check-in button and will automatically be sent to all numbers/ emails associated to the respective guest's profile once they are being checked in.
Please note: The check-in message will only be sent once upon checking in your guest(s) via the check-in button. No other texts from zkipster will be sent out once the check-in message has gone out.
How to Customize your Check-in Message Text
(for Professional Events)
The option to customize the text of your check-in message depends on the event level you are on:
- Basic Events can send the following default check-in message, which cannot be changed or edited: ":guest_firstname :guest_lastname checked in to :event_name at :guest_checkindate"
- Professional Events allow for customization of the check-in message within a 160 character limit
Pro Tip: On the Professional level, rather than using this feature as an internal notification, you can customize your message in order to make it guest facing - in case you would like to send a personlized welcome message your guests, let them know about their table assignments, distribute event WiFi details, or any other information you might like to pass on! (Please note that the sender details will still say 'zkipster' as it is currently not possible to whitelabel the sender for this feature).
To customize your check-in message:
- Click the 'Check-in Messages' tab on the left-hand side menu
- Compose your message as needed (within the 160 character limit)
- Include dynamic guest tags via the 'Insert Tags' dropdown to personalize your text further
- Send yourself a test message by clicking 'Send Test'
- Click 'Save' when done
How to Import your Check-in Message Recipients' Phone and Email Details
In order to mass upload the phone number(s) and email address(es) that are meant to receive the message for each of your guests, add an additional “Check-in Message Text” and/ or “Check- Message Email” column to your excel spreadsheet before importing your guest list into zkipster:
Enter the phone numbers, including the country code, and/ or email addresses that you would like the check-in message to be sent to into those columns for each guest. (The best way to include the phone number information on your excel is to enter the country code without a '+' or '00', followed by the area code and number).
You can add up to 5 phone numbers and 5 email addresses per guest, separated by a comma in the same cell.
Please note: Following the exact naming convention on your excel columns will ensure that these are automatically matched with the corresponding check-in message fields in zkipster:
How to Manually Add the Check-in Message Recipients' Phone and Email Details
- Select a guest by clicking on their name in your guest list
- Scroll to the 'Check-In Messages' section towards the bottom of the guest profile
- Add the phone number and email information to the 'Email Recipient(s)' and 'Text Recipient(s)' sections
- Click 'Add Option' to add up to 5 fields for each section
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the profile