Virtual events require the same care and preparation as in-person events. In this article, you will learn how zkipster can help your virtual event organization.
Before you read on, check out our case study on the Lincoln Center virtual gala to see how they used Zoom integration and Share a Table in zkipster.
The Event Settings:
When creating an event, under event location, you can select between:
- In-person event for live events
- Virtual event for events hosted online, or
- Hybrid event where some of the guests will join you online and some in-person.
For Virtual and Hybrid events, you can use zkipster's native integration with Zoom or link your zkipster event to an alternative online meeting platform.
Links to the online event are automatically included in the event's Calendar button (available in the Form Submission page), and guests can save it in their calendars.
Inviting Guests to a Virtual Event
Virtual events as live ones need effective event promotion and engagement with the attendees. You can use zkipster's invitation feature to invite, engage with, and register guests to your online panel discussions, webinars and conferences.
Using Standalone Public Form for Event Registration
With the Standalone public form you can create an event registration page and share it with audiences outside of zkipster. When guests RSVP, you can set up an automatic confirmation email with additional event information and link to the online meeting. Learn more on how to create and customize the Standalone Form and Confirmation email in these articles:
Setting up Public Forms in zkipster
How to set up a Confirmation Email in zkipster
Pro Tip: Convert the 'Edit RSVP' button in the confirmation email into the entryway to your online event. From the Button section in the right side menu, choose to link the Button to an alternative URL and paste the virtual meeting link here.
With native integration with Zoom, you can use zkipster's registration form to register attendees to your Zoom meeting or webinar. You can learn more in the article here.
Using Standalone Email to create Event Invitations or Event Reminder
Use the Standalone email template to create event reminders. With the standalone email template, you have the flexibility to link the RSVP button to a Standalone form in zkipster or an alternative URL. For example:
- Link the button to a Standalone form (private or public) to create event invitation & registration form.
- Link the button to your virtual meeting
- Link the button to an external URL
Tips for Virtual Events
- Include a meeting agenda on your event registration page.
- Your event can be live one way or interactive with participation from the audience
- Networking option for your attendees. Make sure to provide your audience with a platform where they can connect with one another. You can use the chatbox or create meeting groups where guests can interact with each other.
- Stay connected after the event. Send a thank you to all attendees, a recap of topics discussed, or share details for future events.
The Event Team:
Online events still require a team to ensure the event will be successful and go smoothly. Consider including the following roles:
- Event Host: The primary host, navigating the event agenda, introducing speakers, and keeping the audience engaged.
- Community Manager: Sets rules of engagement for the audience, sends final reminders to guests, maintains chat box section, and audience Q&A.
- Tech Manager: Helps with any technical issue before and during your event
Professional level users now have access to Zoom Meeting and Webinar Integration, please check this article to learn more.
If you have questions or want to learn more on how zkipster can help with online events, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.