Please Note: The Seating feature is currently only supported on the zkipster iOs app used on iPads. It is currently not available on iPhones or the zkipster Android app.
All seating changes made on the day of your event on your iPads will sync across all other devices used at the event when connected to the internet.
Key Facts for Seating on the App
A few things to keep in mind when seating from the iPad:
- Guests and their +1s will show a check mark on their seat once checked in
- Seats that are blocked via Blocked Seating will be marked with an X
- You can see the names of guests along the right hand side in the 'Guests' tab. When you tap their name in the guest list the app will automatically zoom in on where they are seated in the room
- Next to the 'Guests' tab, the 'Activity' section shows you a log of all seating, reseating and unseating actions that happened for your event with a detailed description of when an action took place and which user it was performed by (Please note: The seating activity log takes changes performed on the browser into account as well.)
- Zooming in on the tablet will give you a clearer view of the table and guest names
Editing the Floorplan on the App
Just like the web account, after you have toggled on "Edit Floorplan' in the bottom left corner of your iPad you will be able to:
- See all of the available table and seat options listed on the right
- Tap on a table, row or focal point to drag and drop it onto the seating map
- Tap into the table to customize it as you require
Editing Tables and Seats on the App
You can customize the tables in a few different ways:
- Change the Table Label
- Change or create a Table Name
- Customize the amount of seats
- Activate Blocked Seating
- Change the rotation of the table
- Starting Seat Number
- Sequence of the seats
- Direction of the seats
- Delete tables
To exit editing the floor plan simply toggle off 'Edit Floorplan'.
Sort, Search and Filter Options in Seating on the App
On the iPad you can also sort, search and filter to find guests easily on your seating map:
Tap on any guest's seat to display when they are seated and easily unseat or reseat them just like on the web version.
Seating Activity Log on the App
As mentioned earlier, you will be able to see and track all those changes made to your guest seating in the 'Activity' tab: