Requirements Before Getting Started
- Connected Zoom account. Check this article to learn how to connect your Zoom account to zkipster.
- Linked Zoom meeting/ webinar to your zkipster event. Learn how to link Zoom to an event in this article.
With Zoom's dynamic tags, you can insert event information directly from Zoom into your zkipster email(s).
The tags will replace the information available in the selected Zoom meeting or webinar and work in the same way as the zkipster dynamic tag system. You can find more information on composing invitations and how dynamic tags work here.
Available Zoom Tags
You can find the dropdown menu of dynamic Zoom tags on every 'Text' section of your email builder, as shown here:
You have the following Zoom tags to choose from:
- :zoom_topic - The Zoom meeting or webinar title
- :zoom_start_time - The start date and time of your Zoom meeting or webinar
- :zoom_start_url - The event host's join link
- :zoom_join_url - The attendees' join link
- :zoom_participant_join_url - The unique private join link for registered attendees
Please note: The Zoom Participant Join URL gets generated after your guest has confirmed their attendance via the zkipster form (given the 'Auto-Register in Zoom' function is switched on). This is why you will only find the ':zoom_participant_join_url' tag on the Zoom dropdown of the Auto Confirmation Email.
Pro Tip: If you would like to send a reminder email with your registered guests' unique private join URLs the day of or shortly before your event, you can manually include the ':zoom_participant_join_url' tag on a regular Standalone Email, despite it not being available on the Zoom tag dropdown there. The information will still dynamically pull through for each guest just the same.
Simply type out or hyperlink the tag inside the body text of your email and send it to all your confirmed guests as normal, giving them easy on-the-day access to your Zoom meeting or webinar!
Hyperlinking Zoom Tags in the Body Text
You can use the dynamic Zoom tags as hyperlinks to shorten the URL(s) in the body of your zkipster emails. This is especially recommended for the Participant Join URL as the raw link will otherwise come out very long and affect the look of your email.
To hyperlink your Zoom tag:
- Highlight the part of your text you would like to hyperlink
- Select the 'Insert/ Edit Link' logo in the relevant 'Text' section
- Type (or copy and paste) the name of the relevant Zoom tag into the URL field
- Double check the 'Text to Display' field, edit the text if needed and click 'OK' to save the changes