If you're looking to seat your guests automatically, this can be done with the guest list excel, and this article provides the details on how to set up the excel properly for this.
Watch our tutorial video for a quick overview:
Find step-by-step information in the sections below.
Seating Guests Individually with zkipster
Once the Tables and Seats have been set on the floor plan, the next step would be seating guests or groups of guests:
- Click on the guest to be seated from the left-hand menu
- Select the seat they will be seated in
- +1 guests are seated directly to the right or left of the Main Guest depending on the seating direction one step back in the table configuration. Currently, +1's aren't able to be separated from the Main Guest
- Clicking on a guest on the seating plan gives you the option to unseat or reseat a guest; after clicking on a guest you also have the option to click on the 3 dots in the lower corner of the mini guest profile to view more information about the guest
- If you click on reseat, the guest will be seated at the next available seat you click on along with their +1's if any
For Additional Guests: Make sure enough seats are allocated at the table where the +1s will be seated.
When the Main Guest is seated and additional guests don't have enough open seats available at that table, a message will pop up relaying that not enough seats are available.
Remember additional guests are always seated directly beside the Main Guest. So it may be that the wrong seat was selected for the Main Guest if the message pops up indicating no seats are available.
If you click on the arrow beside the guest name on the left-hand side you are able to edit the details of the guest, for example, their seating color or the total number of +1's they are coming with.