zkipster currently does not have a built-in waiting list feature, however, you can still use zkipster to create a wait list for your guests once you have reached capacity for your event and are no longer taking any RSVPs.
If you need a quick reminder on how to set up your zkipster response form to close after certain event criteria has been met, or how to close it manually if your invitation has already been sent, please see this article here.
In order to set up a waiting list in zkipster, please follow these steps below (Please note: the instructions are based on the assumption that an RSVP invitation, or standalone response form, has already gone out for your event):
- Inside your event, create a new, empty guest list ('Guests' tab > 'Add Guest List') separate from your main guest list. You can call this list 'Waiting List' or similar in order to tell the difference between your lists.
- Create a new standalone response form via the 'Invitations' tab - for a quick overview of the different Invitations templates click here.
- Switch the form from 'Private' to 'Public' in the 'Form Settings' section. Check out this article for more help.
- Select your empty waiting list guest list from the 'Add New Guests to Guest List' dropdown inside 'Form Settings' so that responses to this form populate into this list.
- Design the rest of your waiting list form as desired
- Set up an Auto Confirmation Email for your public waiting list response form, if needed. Find specific details on this here.
- Hyperlink the public URL of your waiting list response form into the 'Form Closed Message' text field of your original event response form(s) and compose the message that will display to your guests once RSVPs are closed.
The responses you will receive on your public waiting list response form will create brand new guest entries in zkipster and populate your waiting list this way!
Be aware that zkipster does not de-duplicate guests so please keep this in mind when compiling your final guest list ahead of your event.