The email composer allows you to completely tailor the look and feel of your invitation to your brand and event. You will always start off with a blank template which you can customize as needed:
Please note: Always remember to save any edits or changes that you make in the invitation by clicking on the gold 'Save Changes' button at the top right corner:
Sections in the Email Composer
The email composer consists of sections, and each one is customizable. You can rearrange the sections of the email, duplicate or completely turn off each one. Use the links below for a deep dive into each part of the email.
- Email Setup: set the email subject line, sender, reply to email and recipients of the event invitation
- Background: customize the background colors of your invitation
- Image: upload an event logo, image or an event banner. You can duplicate the image section and include multiple images within the email
- Text: add your event text, event details and hyperlinks
- QR Code: enable QR codes and use to check-in your guests at the event
- Button: customize the look of the RSVP button and make additional settings based on the email template you have selected
- Social Share Icon: add social media icons and networks
- Plain Text: enable and allow to send a stripped down HTML version of the email text
Duplicating and Reordering of Email Composer Sections
Duplicating Image and Text Sections
As you start building your email, by default, the system will provide you with one 'Image' and one 'Text' section. However, each image and text section can easily be duplicated in case you need more than one of those items on your invitation email.
Simply hover with your cursor over the respective tab your want to copy for the Duplicate icon to appear:
Reordering the Email Sections
Apart from the 'Email Setup', 'Background' and 'Plain Text' tabs, which are locked, all sections of the email composer are movable and can be reordered as needed.
To rearrange the order of your invitation email elements, simply hold your cursor down on one specific section and drag it to your desired location:
For each section it is further possible to define a top margin in order to allow for different spacing between the sections in case they are being reordered (the default margin is 20px):
Plain Text Version
Turning this option on enables you to send a stripped down HTML version of the email text to guests who have strong firewalls on their email servers, such as government or banking institutions.
Sync your invitation body text via the 'Sync from HTML' option, add any additional event details as needed and also make sure to include further information on how your guests can get a hold of you to manually RSVP to your event:
Sending a Test Email to Check your Invitation Design
We strongly encourage you send yourself a test email during the design process of your online invitation to check that you are happy with the look and feel of final invitation. You can find this option at the top of your Email Builder - more details on this here.